In this year of extraordinary change, Sandon is holding its first Drive-Thru fete with the Rainbow of Hope as the theme to raise much needed funds for the community.
Using a map that visitors can purchase on arrival at various points of the village, they are invited to explore:
- The different tabletop stalls in front of villagers’ houses – check out the lock-down clear out items, toys, books as well as home-made jams/chutney, fruit & vegetables and plants.
- Stroll through different gardens, many of which will be open for the first time
- Follow the rainbow trail – prizes to be won
- Stop at the refreshment stalls for a tasty cream tea or burger from the barbeque, washed down with glass of wine or pint from the bar.
- Enjoy the traditional fete stalls – the tombola, guess the number of sweets in a jar, bottle stall, goal in the hole challenge
- Win £250 on the 250 Grand Prize
- Explore the local footpaths and cycle trails
Gay Ayton, one of the organisers said: We’ve had to be creative for this year’s fete and delighted that villagers are rising to the challenge in their ideas for this year’s Drive-Thru. As well as being something fun to do, it offers an opportunity to visit Sandon with its listed buildings and Grade 1 listed church, meet others in smaller numbers whilst aligning with pandemic guidelines and also raise much needed funds for the community – do join us.